Friday 7 February 2014

Optimum Swiss Apple Skin Renewal Serum

Aloha!!

So few weeks ago I had a moment of realisation when someone asked me how old I was, I simply just smiled and said I'm 25yr in March. As I said those words I thought wait a minute is that right? Am I going to be 25!! The answer is yes I am! Now I'm not blowing my own trumpet but I have been told many many times I do not look my age, suppose the fact that I'm pretty small and petite I do look about 12 years old sometimes.

Now age itself does not scare me, I look at age as just a number. You are as young as you feel they say and I think that's pretty spot on! I don't feel like I'm 25 whatever its ment to feel like I'm not sure, I still feel like I am in my late teens!! Anyway the number doesn't scare me but my skin ageing does! I would hate to be in my 30's and folk to think I am in my late 40's!!! I don't smoke and I don't drink, I do however like a little bit of uv exposure to the skin, not too much though I'm not a sun worshiper or anything like that. With this in mind I thought I would try out some anti ageing products so I nipped along to Superdrug for a change to see what they had to offer. I was in for a treat as their Optimum range which is all about fighting age just happened to be on buy 1 get 2nd 1/2 price. I picked up 2 products 1 was the Swiss Apple Overnight Serum and the other was an eye cream. This post is aaaaall about the serum.


Superdrug Optimum Swiss Apple Overnight Skin Renewal Serum £14.99

Now to start off this is more aimed for woman ages 35+ but I thought why the heck not I want my skin to look fresh and stay as young looking as possible. Plus I do know someone who works in Superdrug that's younger than me and she swears by this stuff, her skin looks fab!

" Revolutionary anti-ageing serum with PhytoCellTec extract from the Swiss Apple to promote a fresher and younger-looking complexion"  is the little run down of info on the front of the box. Sounds alright doesnt it?!

Its suggested to use this serum as part of your evening routine and significant results can be expected in just 4 weeks. This is due to the PhytoCellTec which is from the apple cells working its way to protect and regenerate the skins cells. I know I don't have any wrinkles or lines just yet but there is other ingredients in this too to improve the skin. This little beauty also contains Vitamin E which protects the skin against free radicals, environmental pollutants and any ageing affects of the sun. Argan Oil which is rich in vitamin E it helps protect nourish and hydrate the skin. And it also contains Pro-Vitamin B5 which conditions and moisturises.


Now I am a sucker for packaging and this does not fail. I love the box that its in with its sort of ombre green colour with the apple shape on the front and the white font on top makes it more eye catching.

The bottle itself is a 30ml smooth glass pump bottle. Again it has the green writing on the front of the product and on the back is directions for use and little bit to say it has been dermatologically tested and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans, good to know. Also has advice to avoid contact with eyes (obviously) and that Superdrug is against animal testing which is also very good to know.


Now when I use this as part of my night time routine after cleansing and toning its time for all the lotions and potions so first I use my hydraluron then I give it 5 minutes to make sure thats all soaked into my skin. Then I just use one pump of the Renewal Serum, its all you need the serum is almost like off white colour just like a serum normally is and its light in consistency. A little does go a long way with this. The smell is lovely clean fresh, I don't think it smells like apples but its a good scent whatever it is. Once that's absorbed in I apply my eye cream (coming up next) then my moisturiser. 

The serum looks like this 

I have been using this for few weeks now and already I'm noticing in the mornings how soft and smooth my skin is. This is the first product I have used that is aimed for anti ageing so once I try out a few different ones it will be good to see which ones I prefer. I do think its something I will be adding to my skin care routine as I do want to be taking more care in my skin. I am looking more down the serum route just now as well as eye creams. But for my first one I am really liking this product. 

I have linked on the price at the top to take you to Superdrugs website on to this product where there are plenty reviews on it and you can see yourself just how much it is loved.

Is there any products you like that has anti-ageing in it? Let me know or you can leave a comment on your thoughts on this post. I love reading them and commenting back :)

That's all for now you lovely lot.

Lots of lovies
SparklySJ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment