Monday 3 February 2014

Lush Ocean Salt Face Scrub

Aloha Beautiful people :)

Hope we are all doing well and enjoying the start of the month that is February. Todays post is all about one of my favouritest favourite face scrub! It is Lush's Ocean Sea Salt Scrub!


Ta Daaaa!

Now this lovely black pot of holidays is a scrub that I have used for years! Not the same pot obviously, I do get through a pot in a couple of months plus they do have expiration dates with them containing fresh ingredients in them. The other night I was using this and thought "SJ why the heck havent you raved about this in your blog?" So here it is.

"Lashings of fine sea salt to scrub and clean, organic limes to brighten and avocado butter to soften your skin" is a quick run down of some of the ingredients used which is mentioned on top of the pot. 

" Does your face feel washed up and abandoned? Get it ship shape with coconuts and lime" is written on the side, it already sounds like my kinda scrub as I love coconut!!


                  L: The label on the side of the pot    R: Texture of the product

I love a face scrub, getting rid of dead skin leaving you with fresh clean skin. This product however is different to any other scrub I have used as it contains Sea Salt! It is rich in minerals and does a damn good job of scrubbing away those dead skin cells. The salt is mixed in with lovely avocado butter, coconut oil and seaweed absolute. Another ingredient used is Grapefruit which is commonly used in products for oily skin and for spot prone skin it is also high in vitamin C. So it doesn't just leave your skin feeling lovely soft and smooth it can also help treat breakouts.

When you first take the lid off a lot of the salt is sat on top of the product, some of the salt granules can be quite big in size that I stick my finger in and just mix it all together in a clock ways motion otherwise the product at the bottom will be mostly the butter. The smell of this is amazing!!! I called it the black pot of holidays cause the smell instantly takes me away to being on holiday lying by the pool with a fancy cocktail in my hand soaking up the sun (one can dream). The limes used have been steeped in vodka hence the day dreaming in the sun with my fancy cocktail so the combination of the vodka and the citrus just smells deeeelightful! 

What the product look like all mixed together

I use this scrub once or twice a week, I wash my face then use about a 10p size amount and scrub it round my face in circular motions. The texture is creamy with the butter and you can most defiantly feel the granules of the sea salt, when first opened it has bits of blue but once mixed together I find it doesn't have much colour. Sometimes the vodka can sting if I have a cut on my finger so watch out for that. Once I have done that I wash it all off, it does leave my face rather red from the scrubbing and a little tingly from the alcohol so I usually use it at night giving it time to calm down. I will then cleanse and moisturise. My face the next day always feels so soft and smooth. 

This product might not be for everyone but I do love it, its a cocktail for the face! You can get it in your local Lush shop or if your like me and don't have one near by there is online click here. You can get it in 2 different sizes 120g for £7.25 or 250g for £13.25. I have the smaller size and I feel it lasts me a long time. You can also get alcohol free ones.

Have you guys tried this scrub or any lush products? Do you have a favourite that you use all the time? I would love to read your comments.

That all for me today hope you guys enjoyed this post :)

Lots of Lovies
SparklySJ
xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment